1. Power down your system.
2. Install your AudioScience card in an available expansion slot and power it up.
3. Windows should recognize it as a "Multimedia controller" in Device Manager. (If your system presents you with a "Found new hardware" wizard, cancel that process)
4. Driver: If your software provider has recommended a specific driver version, they should be able to provide that version to you. Locate the file and run the executable they provided. If you are not working with a particular software provider you can download our current Windows driver from our website here:
There are 2 options to choose from, 64-bit and 32-bit drivers. The version you need depends entirely on your operating system. You can determine which type your system needs by checking the "System type" value on the Windows "About" page.
Note that older cards are not supported by the current driver so you may need to locate an older version. We offer some older driver versions on our website here:
http://www.audioscience.com/internet/download/win_drivers_old.htm and you can consult this page to determine the best driver to use for each card and operating system:
5. Once you have the correct driver downloaded, run the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions.
6. You will be presented with 2 options during install.
1. Install Standard PCI/PCIe Driver or Install Standard + Network Audio Driver.
The most common option here is to leave the default "Install Standard PCI/PCIe Driver" version enabled. The "Install Standard + Network Audio Driver." is only needed when installing certain CobraNet or AVB network products.
2. Install legacy 32-bit WAVE driver.
This option is included for users of older software that requires the legacy WAVE method of interacting with Windows. Most modern systems and software do not require this. Click this option if your software provider requires it or you are not sure it is needed (it does not cause issues if you install it when not needed)
Click through until the driver install is completed and you are presented with this screen:
7. Click finish to restart your system immediately or change to "No, I will restart my computer later" if you wish to restart manually.
8. After rebooting your system you should see an Icon for our ASIControl software on your desktop. Run the software to confirm the card is installed properly.